Page, Arizona is a small city located near several natural attractions that offer a variety of activities and experiences for visitors. It is becoming an amazing destination for many types of visitors. Here are some of the top things to do in and around Page:
1. Lake Powell: Lake Powell is a man-made reservoir that was created by the Glen Canyon Dam on the Colorado River. The lake offers plenty of opportunities for boating, kayaking, fishing, and swimming. Visitors can also hike around the lake’s shoreline, explore the many canyons that feed into the lake, or simply enjoy the stunning views.
2. Antelope Canyon: Antelope Canyon is a slot canyon located on Navajo land near Page. The canyon is known for its unique rock formations and striking colors, and it’s a popular destination for photographers. Visitors can explore the canyon on guided tours.
3. Glen Canyon Dam: The Glen Canyon Dam is a massive concrete arch-gravity dam that was built in the 1960s to control the flow of the Colorado River and create Lake Powell. Visitors can take guided tours of the dam and learn about its history and construction.
4. Hiking: There are several hiking trails near Page that offer stunning views of the surrounding landscape. Some popular trails include the Hanging Garden Trail, the Horseshoe Bend Trail, and the Rim View Trail.
5. Rafting: The Colorado River offers some of the best white water rafting in the country. Visitors can take guided rafting tours down the river, ranging from short trips to multi-day adventures.
6. Native American Culture: The area around Page is home to several Native American tribes, including the Navajo Nation. Visitors can learn about the history and culture of the tribes by visiting museums and cultural centers, taking guided tours, or attending cultural events.
7. Golfing: The Lake Powell National Golf Course is located just outside of Page and offers a challenging and scenic 18-hole course.
These are just a few of the many things to do in and around Page, Arizona. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventure, cultural experiences, or simply stunning views, there’s something for everyone in this beautiful part of the country.